FACIAL TREATMENTS | SKIN TREATMENTS | BODY TREATMENTS
Excessive Sweating Treatment
Excessive sweating (also known as hyperhydrosis) can affect the whole body, but it is more common in the underarm area and can be an extremely embarrassing condition for some.
It can cause emotional distress with sufferers feeling extremely self-conscious in a social or work environment.
How is excessive sweating treated?
Butterfly Aesthetics in Wakefield, provides a injective treatment which proves effective in blocking the nerve signals that cause the sweat glands to produce sweat. This procedure is commonly done in the armpits.
The benefits of this treatment
- Effective: Injections can reduce sweating by up to 80% in most people.
- Safe: Injections are a safe and well-tolerated treatment. They are approved by the FDA for the treatment of hyperhidrosis.
- Temporary: Injections are not a permanent solution for hyperhidrosis. However, the effects can last for up to 6 months, so you only need to have the injections every few months.
- Convenient: Injections are a relatively quick and easy procedure. You can usually go back to your normal activities right away.
- Minimal side effects: Injections have few side effects. The most common side effect is bruising at the injection site but this is temporary.
How long do the results last?
Results typically last 6-9 months.
Butterfly Aesthetics, based in Wakefield, is the leading provider of hyperhidrosis treatment in the area. We are committed to providing our patients with the best possible care, and we offer a consultation so you can learn more about your options.